Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Painting: Help Required!

It's been about a month and we haven't technically unpacked a single box.  However I did decide that painting the kitchen would be a good idea...




I started to paint the cabinet doors and cabinet insides a red that was already at the house.  Then I realized my kitchen was red, white and blue.  It's not what I was thinking.  




I want happy colors that say: "Cute farm house kitchen in the 20th century."  The blue and wallpaper don't say that to me. 




Thoughts?  Suggestions? 

I'm a bit stuck at the moment! 

Also, many have complicated me on the current scheme of the kitchen.  However it's old and I can't get it clean which is my main drive in repainting and tearing the wall paper out.  This house was built in 1902 and has layers and layers and layers on the walls and in the cabinets.

3 comments:

  1. If you don't want to change the wall paper then I would paint the wainscoting white which would tone down the flag feel.
    Good luck.
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the idea! I do want to tear the wall paper down. It's dusty and has cob webs and other random colors that shouldn't be there lol I think right now we are thinking of a pastel yellow for the cabinets and white walls which would leave the blue countertops and floors as a nice accent. We'll see though.

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of work, but it will be rewarding when it's done.
    Please share your photos at the new home for Wordless Wednesday (on Tuesday) at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/p/other-wordless-wednesday.html. I hope to see you each week!

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing who is reading!