1. My bestie bought a bunch of chicks and I decided my family should do it too because it's so easy and fun.
2. We bought 6 specialty chicks: 3 lavendar orpingtons & 3 light sussex. Oh yeah, we bought them during a camping trip.
|I should add that Denai was deathly afraid of these cute little fuzzballs!|
4. Mr. Sexy sent me a picture of two beautiful dogs. They were free. They came to visit for the first time, smelled the scent, ran through the small opened coop door and trampled 4 pullets.
5. The dogs came to live with us a few days later. They were untrained and we didn't have a ton of time to spend training them.
|The grey one got trapped in the garage and we didn't know until it was too late.|
But the brown lives on and lives strong!
(still unnamed, it's true)
|Queen Chicken (QC)|
Nemo & Marly
We loved you.
|Opal and Snow were never seen again.|
|Minivans are the bomb-diggity.|
coop run. Upon further investigation we found Rue had one dead hen in his mouth and the rest of the chickens dead in the coop.
11. Rue and his brother, Atlas, were gone via free section on Craigslist two days later.
12. A few weeks later we purchased 4 pullets and found another free rooster. His name is Gandalf the Grey and is my favorite rooster.
Disclaimer: We loved all our animals dearly. However we admit we didn't always make the smartest choices. Lessons have been learned all the way around. I'm sure these won't be the last, either.