Wednesday, April 23, 2014

T is for Timothy: My Journey Through Parenthood

T is for Timothy.

Timothy James.

Timothy James Sexy.  ::wink wink::

Timothy James is the name of our next kid.  And he's going to be a boy.  Because I say so.

No, I'm not pregnant.  We are barely thinking about the idea.  But wouldn't this have been a great reveal?  Now I'm sad that I'm not pregnant.

NOT

I'm okay waiting a little longer and see where things are at.  God has been hard at work on our family.  Some days I think we are crazy for considering the idea of a future with more children.  Then there are days where it gets to a point that one or two more is just a party!

Our family plan: 
-Get pregnant sometime in the future.
-Foster
-Adopt
-Kids grow up
-Kids move out
-Parents party in Hawaii

I had a family plan when I was 8:
-Meet and marry Prince Charming (who looked a lot like Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid)
-Have 2 kids
-Get a dog
-Live in a big, beautiful house
-Have lots of money so I could buy whatever I wanted whenever I wanted
**I will not be poor

That last thing was very important to my little girl mind.  Guess what.  I'm poor! lol

Plans change and that's okay.  As I grew older I realized there was a very real possibility of being poor which scared me.  It was immaturity on my part as there is so much more to life than having the big house, nice clothes, new shoes and expensive wine.

This is the A-Z blogging challenge so go ahead and read the introduction and see a list of all my A-Z posts.


9 comments:

  1. I think we all have dreams like this. Mine were really shot all to heck. I'll have to write a post someday about my 8 year old dreams. Might just be fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a lot of fun! I want to do a series about my childhood. There are so many weird things that happen to you as a kid probably because we can't remember all of it.

      Delete
    2. That is a great idea...to do a series about our childhoods. You should host a link-up for something like this!

      Delete
  2. Haha, It's amazing how our plans can change, huh? This would have been a great pregnancy reveal, by the way. For future reference. Oh and can I come party in Hawaii too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might make sure I'm pregnant next April and not tell anybody... hmmmm And you if bring the tequila I'll bring the limes and we will have a Mom's Night Out!

      Delete
  3. HA - I'm poor too.
    but my Prince Charming looked like one of the Hardy Boys. LOL
    I did marry a detective, so half of it kinda came true :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I married my Prince Charming too. Except he has blonde hair and brown eyes. He is tall though! And has a charming personality.

      Delete
  4. I am so with you. If we cherish what we have in the moment, we will be happier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instead of constantly looking behind or urging whatever is next to happen.

      Delete

I love knowing who is reading!