Monday, April 28, 2014

X is for X-Rays: My Journey Through Parenthood

X is for X-rays.

Michael's first x-rays resulting in a cast was when he was about this old:



He was 18 months or so?  I can't really remember.  I just remember going on the "big boy" slide was scary and he didn't like to do it.  Nanna talked him into it one day and somehow, on the way down, his leg got tweaked.  We ended up taking him to the ER where he got his first x-rays.  It was exciting.  Of course I was there with Mr. Sexy.  Michael's dad was there, too, along with the rest of the family.  Both his parents and a few aunts and uncles.  It was interesting....that's all I'll say.

Michael's fracture was so minimal the doctor wasn't even sure there was one.  He recommended a cast basically to be on the safe side of things.  

For years Michael remembered Nanna, the slide and the cast.  


Apparently boys will tend to find themselves wearing a cast quite often.  So far, though, Michael has stayed "safe." 

Do you have any stories about x-rays resulting in a cast?  


This is the A-Z blogging challenge so go ahead and read the introduction and see a list of all my A-Z posts.

11 comments:

  1. When my grandson was 2 he was lying under a trampoline while his big sisters jumped on it. He decided to push against it on the bottom and ended up with a broken leg and a cast....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Boys are stupid sometimes. lol Mr. Sexy told me as a kid he jumped off his roof and broke something. lol

      Delete
  2. Hi thank you for visiting me at Barn & Beach, I too had an Xray yesterday, great minds and all o that, nearly there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No x-rays resulting in casts, but plenty of x-rays. My oldest had one on his foot a couple of years ago when he got stepped on playing soccer. It swelled pretty big and was all kinds of shades of purple. No break thankfully. My foot and back were x-rayed after I fell down the stairs carrying Sassy who was about 3 months old. My focus was on protecting her so my body took a beating. No breaks, but a sprained ankle. Crutches are not fun when you have a newborn. Little Red had an MRI done after her first febrile seizure. Those are the big ones. I'm pretty sure we've paid for a whole wing of our hospital. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my first when I was seven. Although it's the only time I had a cast - for a greenstick fracture (part bent, part broken) of my arm - a fall in the school playground. Most of my accidents were falling off horses - but only two with xrayable injuries - a collar bone (broken) and a concussion (nothing broken). I've had two or three that maybe should have been xrayed, but it saves all that waiting around if you just straighten things and strap them up!

    Well done for getting through to X - only two posts to go!

    Jemima
    #TeamDamyanti
    Blogging from Alpha to Zulu in April

    ReplyDelete
  5. whew made it through each letter, actually I couldn't stop myself very interesting.. I'm late to the ball game but I'm all caught up now. This is such a cute idea a-z challenge! Your kids are adorable. He looks so happy even in his cast. I'm glad it wasn't a bad break and just precautionary. :) I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw all the plus ones the other day. You read each letter? That's crazy! lol

      Delete
  6. Ouch looks painful.
    I have never gotton a cast but yesterday I fell and broke my elbow. My arm is immobile and in a sling :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a cousin who broke the same leg, doing the same jump off the very same planter!! Seriously, he had just gotten the cast off a few months prior, was at the mall with his friends and they said, "there's that planter that broke your leg!" and he said "yeah, but not this time!!" and jumped. And broke the leg again.
    I kinda hope he is adopted and not blood related. LOL
    So far though, we've had one bout with stitches in this house: but no x-rays yet.
    (aside from myself due to one bad knee that required surgery)

    ReplyDelete

I love knowing who is reading!